Monday, January 19, 2009

New Chapter...

Well, Steps and I are no longer courting. I want to first start off saying that I harbor no ill feelings towards him, or anyone in his family. I love them all with the love of Christ. They are my brothers and sisters in the Lord and I will always treat them as such! Steps and I had some different views on certain topics, and you know what, that is O.K.! Of course it hurts. How can it not when you've been so involved in another's life for such a long period of time? However, over this course of time I feel that I've grown as a person. I've come to a better understanding of myself and most importantly, where I stand in my relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

As hard as it is to say, because it does still hurt, Steps and I were not meant to be. At least not right now. I don't know what God has planned for either of our futures. All I know is that right now, I need to keep my focus on Jesus (as it always should be), my family and friends, church, and school. For me, the relationships I have with Jesus, my parents, siblings, and friends deserve my utmost attention. When God is ready to send me "Mr. Right," He will! I don't have to worry about it, He's already got me covered. Until the time He has appointed arrives, I will be keeping my focus on what He has me doing here and now.

So, here's the thing, What's done is done. I'm going to remember all the good times, and learn from the bad. I'm not going to look back because it's impossible for me to move forward when I do! I'm going to trust fully in the grace, mercy, kindness, love, and peace that only my Heavenly Father can provide. He is forever faithful and to Him will I cling...

Until next time,
-Daughter of The King

1 comment:

Lady G~ said...

You my dear are one wise young lady. I love you!